Product Pathways - Protein Stability
DDB2 (D4C4) Rabbit mAb #5416
|W||H M (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||43||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DDB2 (D4C4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total DDB2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Ala174 of human DDB2.
Damaged DNA-Binding Protein (DDB) consists of a 127 kDa subunit (DDB-1) and a 48 kDa subunit (DDB-2) that contribute to the formation of the UV-damaged DNA-binding protein complex (UV-DDB) (1-3). In conjunction with CUL4A and ROC-1, the UV-DDB complex forms an E3 ubiquitin ligase that recognizes a broad spectrum of DNA lesions such as cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers, 6-4 photoproducts, apurinic sites and short mismatches. The complex polyubiquitinates components of the nucleotide excision repair pathway (4-6). Loss of DDB activity has been identified in a subset of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group E (XP-E) patients and has been linked to the deficient repair of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers in cells derived from these patients (7-10).
- Reardon, J.T. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 21301-8.
- Keeney, S. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 21293-300.
- Hwang, B.J. and Chu, G. (1993) Biochemistry 32, 1657-66.
- Chu, G. and Chang, E. (1990) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87, 3324-7.
- Hirschfeld, S. et al. (1990) Mol Cell Biol 10, 2041-8.
- Payne, A. and Chu, G. (1994) Mutat Res 310, 89-102.
- Chu, G. and Chang, E. (1988) Science 242, 564-7.
- Nichols, A.F. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 24317-20.
- Kataoka, H. and Fujiwara, Y. (1991) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 175, 1139-43.
- Keeney, S. et al. (1992) Mutat Res 273, 49-56.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5428 DDB-1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.