Product Pathways - Development
GCNF Antibody #5417
|W||H M R||Endogenous||50 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GCNF Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GCNF protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic polypeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala349 of human GCNF. Antibodies are purified by Protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
GCNF (Germ Cell Nuclear Factor), also known as NR6A1 (Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 6 Group A member), is an orphan member of the nuclear receptor gene superfamily (1). It has been shown to be expressed in the nervous system during development and during specific stages in maturing germ cells of the ovary and testis in the adult, and has probable roles in gametogenesis, neurogenesis, and normal embryonic development during gastrulation (1,2). Inactivation of GCNF in mouse results in abnormal posterior development, impaired midbrain development, insufficient closure of the neural tube, and eventual embryonic death (3). GCNF has been shown to be a repressor of OCT-4 and of the protamine genes (4,5) and plays a critical role in the control of gene expression during embryogenesis and spermatogenesis (2,6).
- Lan, Z.J. et al. (2009) Biol Reprod 80, 905-12.
- Lei, W. et al. (1997) J Mol Endocrinol 18, 167-76.
- Chung, A.C. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 663-77.
- Akamatsu, W. et al. (2009) J Neurosci 29, 2113-24.
- Hummelke, G.C. and Cooney, A.J. (2004) Mol Reprod Dev 68, 394-407.
- Lan, Z.J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 50660-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.