Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
ZFX (L28B6) Mouse mAb #5419
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ZFX (L28B6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total ZFX protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant fragment of human ZFX.
The ZFX (X-linked zinc finger protein) gene is expressed from the inactive X chromosome and is structurally similar to its homologue on the Y chromosome, ZFY (1). Transcripts of ZFX and ZFY encode proteins composed of a highly acidic amino-terminal domain and a carboxy-terminal zinc-finger motif that is commonly associated with nucleic acid-binding proteins (2). Both ZFY and ZFX are probable transcriptional activators and may function in sex determination (3). Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants of ZFX, encoding different isoforms, have been identified and may be functionally distinct (2). Conditional gene targeting studies in mouse have suggested ZFX is also required for self-renewal of embryonic and hematopoietic stem cells (4). ZFX has also been suggested to play a role in proliferation and expansion of B cells, and could contribute to lymphocyte homeostasis (5).
- Schneider-Gädicke, A. et al. (1989) Cell 57, 1247-58.
- Schneider-Gädicke, A. et al. (1989) Nature 342, 708-11.
- Palmer, M.S. et al. (1990) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87, 1681-5.
- Galan-Caridad, J.M. et al. (2007) Cell 129, 345-57.
- Arenzana, T.L. et al. (2009) Blood 113, 5857-67.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.