Product Pathways - Lineage Markers
SPARC Antibody #5420
|W IP IF-IC||H M Mk||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SPARC Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SPARC protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly53 of human SPARC. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of various cell extracts using SPARC Antibody. Jurkat are negative, as expected.
SPARC (secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine), also known as osteonectin and BM40, is a secreted matricellular glycoprotein that belongs to a group of functionally related glycoproteins that includes tenascins C and X, thrombospondins 1 and 2, and osteopontin (1). Members in this class of glycoproteins are involved in tissue renewal, tissue remodeling, and embryonic development and work by exerting counter-adhesive and antiproliferative effects that lead to changes in cell shape, disruption of cell adhesion, and inhibition of the cell cycle (2). SPARC is expressed at high levels in bone tissue but is widely distributed in many other tissues and cell types (3), and is known to be associated with tissues undergoing morphogenesis, angiogenesis, mineralization, and other pathological responses to injury and tumorigenesis (4,5). SPARC has also been linked with obesity and diabetes (6).
- Fukunaga-Kalabis, M. et al. (2008) Cancer Microenviron 1, 93-102.
- Yan, Q. and Sage, E.H. (1999) J Histochem Cytochem 47, 1495-506.
- Maillard, C. et al. (1992) Bone 13, 257-64.
- Sage, E.H. (1997) Nat Med 3, 144-6.
- Bradshaw, A.D. and Sage, E.H. (2001) J Clin Invest 107, 1049-54.
- Kos, K. and Wilding, J.P. (2010) Nat Rev Endocrinol 6, 225-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.