Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Bub1b (D32E8) Rabbit mAb #5421
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bub1b (D32E8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Bub1b protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid sequence surrounding Lys370 of human Bub1b.
The Mitotic Checkpoint Complex (MCC), which contains Bub1, Bub1b, Bub3, Mad2, and Cdc20, controls chromosome segregation and monitors kinetochore-microtubule interactions (1). During mitosis, the MCC complex inhibits the ubiquitin ligase activity of the Anaphase Promoting Complex/Cyclosome (APC/C), thereby preventing cells with unaligned chromosomes from prematurely entering anaphase (2). Research studies have shown that Bub1b and Bub1 kinases are mutated in several types of human malignancies including hematopoietic, colorectal, lung, and breast cancers (3). Biallelic mutations in Bub1b have been found in mosaic variegated aneuploidy syndrome and premature chromatid separation syndrome (4). Bub1b mouse germline knockouts are embryonic lethal with heterozygous animals displaying genetic instability, early aging phenotypes, and increased cancer susceptibility (5). Bub3 binds both Bub1 and Bub1b, facilitating their recruitment to kinetochores (6), and is required for functional microtubule-kinetochore interactions (7).
- Fukagawa, T. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 2705-13.
- Chen, R.H. (2007) J Biomed Sci 14, 475-9.
- Dai, W. et al. (2004) Cancer Res 64, 440-5.
- Kops, G.J. et al. (2005) Nat Rev Cancer 5, 773-85.
- Baker, D.J. et al. (2004) Nat Genet 36, 744-9.
- Taylor, S.S. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 142, 1-11.
- Logarinho, E. et al. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 1798-813.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4116 Bub1b Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.