Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
FoxM1 (D12D5) XP® Rabbit mAb #5436
|W IF-IC||H||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxM1 (D12D5) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total FoxM1 protein. This antibody is predicted to recognize the alternative splice variants (FoxM1a and FoxM1b).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein to the human FoxM1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts of HeLa cells, synchronized at the G1/S border by aphidicolin treatment (2 μM, 24 hours), using FoxM1 (D12D5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Forkhead box M1 (FoxM1) is a forkhead box family transcription factor that regulates a number of genes throughout the cell cycle to help control DNA replication, mitosis and cell proliferation. FoxM1 expression increases during G1 and S and reaches maximum levels in G2/M (1-3). Nuclear translocation occurs just before entry into G2/M and is associated with FoxM1 phosphorylation (4). Phosphorylation of FoxM1 by MAPK (Ser331 Ser704), Cyclin/Cdk (Thr600, Thr611, Thr672), Plk1 (Ser715, Ser724), and Chk2 (Ser376) stabilizes and activates FoxM1 (4-7). Forkhead box M1 is expressed in all embryonic tissues but is restricted to proliferating tissues in adults (8). Recent studies have shown that FoxM1 expression is negatively regulated by p53 (9,10). Upregulation of FoxM1 is associated with many human cancers, including prostate, breast, lung, ovary, colon, pancreas, stomach, bladder, liver, and kidney, and may be associated with p53 mutations in some tumors (10,11). As a result, FoxM1 inhibitors have become a topic of interest for potential cancer therapy (12).
- Wang, I.C. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 10875-94.
- Leung, T.W. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett 507, 59-66.
- Wang, X. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 16881-6.
- Ma, R.Y. et al. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 795-806.
- Laoukili, J. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 3076-87.
- Fu, Z. et al. (2008) Nat Cell Biol 10, 1076-82.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biol 27, 1007-16.
- Ye, H. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 1626-41.
- Barsotti, A.M. and Prives, C. (2009) Oncogene 28, 4295-305.
- Pandit, B. et al. (2009) Cell Cycle 8, 3425-7.
- Pilarsky, C. et al. (2004) Neoplasia 6, 744-50.
- Gartel, A.L. (2008) Expert Opin Ther Targets 12, 663-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9926 MAPK Family Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9947 DNA Damage Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9868 CDK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9869 Cyclin Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.