Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
ERCC1 (D61F5) Rabbit mAb #5437
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ERCC1 (D61F5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ERCC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human ERCC1 protein.
DNA repair systems operate in all living cells to manage a variety of DNA lesions. Nucleotide excision repair (NER) is implemented in cases where bulky helix-distorting lesions occur, such as those brought about by UV and certain chemicals (1). Excision Repair Cross Complementing 1 (ERCC1) forms a complex with XPF, which acts as the 5’ endonuclease required to excise the lesion (2). ERCC1-XPF is also required for repair of DNA interstrand crosslinks (ICLs) (3) and involved in repair of double strand breaks (4). Research studies have shown that expression of ERCC1 is related to survival rate and response to chemotherapeutic drugs in several human cancers including non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (5,6).
- Shuck, S.C. et al. (2008) Cell Res 18, 64-72.
- McDaniel, L.D. and Schultz, R.A. (2008) Adv Exp Med Biol 637, 65-82.
- Niedernhofer, L.J. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 5776-87.
- Ahmad, A. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 5082-92.
- Zheng, Z. et al. (2007) N Engl J Med 356, 800-8.
- Gossage, L. and Madhusudan, S. (2007) Cancer Treat Rev 33, 565-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3885 ERCC1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.