Product Pathways - Development
LRP5 (D5G4) Rabbit mAb #5440
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LRP5 (D5G4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LRP5 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human LRP5 protein (extracellular region).
LRP5 and LRP6 are single-pass transmembrane proteins belonging to the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR)-related protein family. Unlike other members of the LDLR family, LRP5 and LRP6 have four EGF and three LDLR repeats in the extracellular domain, and proline-rich motifs in the cytoplasmic domain (1). They function as co-receptors for Wnt and are required for the canonical Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway (2,3). LRP5 and LRP6 are highly homologous and have redundant roles during development (4,5). The activity of LRP5 and LRP6 can be inhibited by the binding of some members of the Dickkopf (DKK) family of proteins (6,7). Upon stimulation with Wnt, LRP6 is phosphorylated at multiple sites including Thr1479, Ser1490, and Thr1493 by kinases such as GSK-3 and CK1 (8-10). Phosphorylated LRP6 recruits axin to the membrane and presumably activates β-catenin signaling (8-10).
LRP5 is involved in the regulation of bone homeostasis. Mutations and polymorphisms in LPR5 are associated with bone diseases like osteoporosis-pseudoglioma syndrome and high-bone-mass disorders (11-13). In addition, mutations in LRP5 are found in patients with hyperparathyroid tumor and breast cancer (14,15).
- Brown, S.D. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 248, 879-888.
- Pinson, K.I. et al. (2000) Nature 407, 535-538.
- Tamai, K. et al. (2000) Nature 407, 530-535.
- Kelly, O.G. et al. (2004) Development 131, 2803-2815.
- He, X. et al. (2004) Development 131, 1663-1677.
- Semënov, M.V. et al. (2001) Curr Biol 11, 951-61.
- Bafico, A. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 683-668.
- Tamai, K. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell 13, 149-156.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-877.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-872.
- Levasseur, R. et al. (2005) Joint Bone Spine 72, 207-14.
- Ferrari, S.L. et al. (2005) Curr Opin Lipidol 16, 207-14.
- Balemans, W. and Van Hul, W. (2007) Endocrinology 148, 2622-9.
- Björklund, P. et al. (2007) PLoS Med 4, e328.
- Björklund, P. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e4243.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2915 Wnt Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9383 TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 3534 SFRP1 (D5A7) Rabbit mAb
- 5266 Frizzled5 (D2H2) Rabbit mAb
- 5158 Frizzled6 (D16E5) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 3395 LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 3323 Axin1 (C7B12) Rabbit mAb
- 2074 Axin1 (C95H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.