Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CEACAM1 Antibody #5441
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CEACAM1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CEACAM1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala460 of human CEACAM1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CEACAM1 (also known as C-CAM and CD66a) is a member of CEA-related cell-adhesion molecule (CEACAM) subfamily of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family (1). CEACAM1 is expressed by certain epithelial, endothelial, lymphoid, and myeloid cells. Human CEACAM1 has many different splice variants; the abundance of CEACAM1 and the relative ratio of the different isoforms varies markedly among cell types and may be regulated in a context-dependent fashion. The isoforms with long (L) and short (S) cytoplasmic tails have different signaling properties. Notably, L isoforms contain a functional ITIM (immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif) and several serine and threonine residues that could serve as potential phosphorylation targets. The extracellular domain of CEACAM1 is heavily glycosylated, making its apparent molecular weight during electrophoresis much larger than its predicted size (57.6 kDa) (2). CEACAM1 mediates intercellular adhesion through homo- and heterophilic interaction with other members of the CEACAM family. Studies indicate that CEACAM1 plays important roles in angiogenesis, neovascularization, insulin signaling, T cell signaling, and tumorigenesis (3-8). In addition, CEACAM1 can function as a receptor for several microbial pathogens (9,10).
- Kuespert, K. et al. (2006) Curr Opin Cell Biol 18, 565-71.
- Gray-Owen, S.D. and Blumberg, R.S. (2006) Nat Rev Immunol 6, 433-46.
- Horst, A.K. et al. (2006) J Clin Invest 116, 1596-605.
- Ergün, S. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 5, 311-20.
- Kammerer, R. et al. (2001) J Immunol 166, 6537-44.
- Poy, M.N. et al. (2002) Nat Genet 30, 270-6.
- Hsieh, J.T. et al. (1995) Cancer Res 55, 190-7.
- Leung, N. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5527-36.
- Hemmila, E. et al. (2004) J Virol 78, 10156-65.
- Voges, M. et al. (2010) BMC Microbiol 10, 117.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7073 PathScan® Phospho-IKKα (Ser176/180) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 2383 CEA/CD66e (CB30) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.