Product Pathways - Development
RBPSUH Antibody #5442
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||61||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBPSUH Antibody detects endogenous level of total RBPSUH protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu111 of human RBPSUH protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
RBPSUH (Recombining Binding Protein, SUppressor of Hairless), also termed RBP-J or CSL, is the DNA-binding component of the transcription complex regulated by canonical Notch signaling. In the absence of Notch activation, RBPSUH suppresses target gene expression through interactions with a co-repressor complex containing histone deacetylase. Upon activation of Notch receptors, the Notch intracellular domain (NICD) translocates to the nucleus and binds to RBPSUH. This displaces the co-repressor complex and replaces it with a transcription activation complex that includes Mastermind-like (MAML) proteins and histone acetylase p300, leading to transcriptional activation of Notch target genes (1-3). RBPSUH is also the DNA-binding partner for Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) nuclear antigen 2 (EBNA2), a protein critical for latent viral transcription and immortalization of EBV-infected B cells (4,5).
- Ehebauer, M. et al. (2006) Sci STKE 2006, cm7.
- Borggrefe, T. and Oswald, F. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1631-46.
- Kopan, R. and Ilagan, M.X. (2009) Cell 137, 216-33.
- Henkel, T. et al. (1994) Science 265, 92-5.
- Strobl, L.J. et al. (1997) Immunobiology 198, 299-306.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8216 PhosphoPlus® Notch1 (Cleaved, Val1744) Antibody Duet
- 3640 Notch Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 3447 Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb
- 4380 Notch1 (D6F11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4530 Notch2 (D67C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5276 Notch3 (D11B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3608 Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2756 Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2761 Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 3632 Nicastrin Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.