Product Pathways - Development
NKX2.5 Antibody #5444
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NKX2.5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total NKX2.5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala71 of human NKX2.5 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
NKX2.5 is a member of the NKX homeobox transcription factor family. NKX2.5 plays an essential role in heart development and is among the earliest factors expressed in cardiac lineage of developing embryos. Its targeted disruption in mice causes abnormal heart morphogenesis, severe growth retardation, and embryonic lethality around E9.5 (1,2). Defects in NKX2.5 are associated with several congenital heart conditions, such as atrial defect with atrioventricular conduction defects (ASD-AVCD) and tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) (3,4). Transcriptional activation of NKX2.5 is also associated with some B and T cell leukemias that result from chromosomal translocation (5-8).
- Lyons, I. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 1654-66.
- Tanaka, M. et al. (1999) Development 126, 1269-80.
- Benson, D.W. et al. (1999) J Clin Invest 104, 1567-73.
- Reamon-Buettner, S.M. and Borlak, J. (2010) Hum Mutat, Epub ahead of print.
- Nagel, S. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 5329-34.
- Przybylski, G.K. et al. (2006) Haematologica 91, 317-21.
- Nagel, S. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 1461-71.
- Su, X. et al. (2008) Haematologica 93, 1081-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.