Product Pathways - Adhesion
BSP II Antibody #5468
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||82||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
The BSP II Antibody detects endogenous levels of total BSP II protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human BSP II protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Bone sialoprotein II (BSP II) exists as a secreted protein in extracellular matrix of the skeleton (1-2). BSP II is part of the small integrin binding ligand N-linked glycoprotein (SIBLING) family and its role is crucial for cell to matrix adhesion as well as between two active protein complexes (3). Flexible binding capacity of BSP II also allows it to rapidly associate with various proteins, calcium, and mineralized phases of developing bone (3-5). BSP II plays a central role in the initiation of hydroxyapatite microcalcification of breast cancer cells that contributes to the pathogenesis of bone metastasis (4,6,7). Recent evidence suggests that the downregulation of BSP II may lead to the reduced formation of metastatic lesions and bone metastasis in a human breast cancer model (5).
- Papagerakis, P. et al. (2002) Bone 30, 377-85.
- Bellahcène, A. et al. (1994) Cancer Res 54, 2823-6.
- Fisher, L.W. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280, 460-5.
- Castronovo, V. and Bellahcene, A. (1998) Int J Oncol 12, 305-8.
- Adwan, H. et al. (2004) Cancer Gene Ther 11, 109-20.
- Diel, I.J. et al. (1999) Clin Cancer Res 5, 3914-9.
- Sharp, J.A. et al. (1999) Lab Invest 79, 869-77.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.