Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Src (Ser17) Antibody #5473
|W||H R Mk||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Src (Ser17) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of Src protein only when phosphorylated at Ser17.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser17 of human Src protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
Protein kinase A (PKA)-dependent phosphorylation of Src at Ser17 is thought to influence multiple signaling networks (3-5). This site has also been identified in a phospho-proteomic screen for substrates of mTOR (6).
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
- Schmitt, J.M. and Stork, P.J. (2002) Mol Cell 9, 85-94.
- Abrahamsen, H. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 17170-7.
- Obara, Y. et al. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 6085-94.
- Hsu, P.P. et al. (2011) Science 332, 1317-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.