Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Diap2 Antibody #5474
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Diap2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total diap2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human diap2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Formins are a family of large multidomain actin nucleation/polymerization proteins characterized by their catalytic FH2 domains. The mammalian diaphanous-related formin (mDia/diap) subfamily, including mDia1/diap1, mDia2/diap3 and mDia3/diap2, are effectors of Rho family small GTPases. In response to Rho, mDia/diap proteins are involved in the regulation of multiple cell functions including cytoskeletal dynamics, migration, adhesion, polarity and cell shape (reviewed in 1,2).mDia1/diap1 is activated by GTP-bound Rho, leading to Rho-associated kinase (ROCK)-dependent stress fiber formation (3,4). Rho activation of mDia1 has also been shown to regulate serum response factor (SRF)-dependent transcription (5), and has been implicated in human cancer phenotypes such as ras-mediated transformation, metastasis and invasion (reviewed in 6).mDia3/diap2, activated by the Rho family small GTPase cdc42, regulates the attachment of microtubules to the kinetochore during mitosis in mammalian cells (7).Rho-dependent activation of mDia2/diap3 is important in assembly of the contractile ring during cytokinesis (8,9).
- Schönichen, A. and Geyer, M. (2010) Biochim Biophys Acta 1803, 152-63.
- Chesarone, M.A. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 62-74.
- Watanabe, N. et al. (1999) Nat Cell Biol 1, 136-43.
- Ishizaki, T. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 8-14.
- Copeland, J.W. and Treisman, R. (2002) Mol Biol Cell 13, 4088-99.
- Narumiya, S. et al. (2009) Cancer Metastasis Rev 28, 65-76.
- Yasuda, S. et al. (2004) Nature 428, 767-71.
- Watanabe, S. et al. (2010) Mol Biol Cell 21, 3193-204.
- Watanabe, S. et al. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 2328-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.