Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
CD2AP (A599) Antibody #5478
|W IP IF-IC||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD2AP (A599) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CD2AP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala599 of human CD2AP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CD2AP (A599) Antibody.
CD2AP is a scaffolding protein that is thought to link membrane proteins to the cytoskeleton (1-3). It plays a role in formation of tight junctions in specialized cell types such as the slit diaphragm in the kidney glomerulus (4). CD2AP is also involved in the immunological synapse between CD2 expressing T cells and antigen presenting cells (5). It has been shown that interaction between CD2AP and other cytoskeletal proteins may regulate the endocytosis of EGFR (3).
- Kirsch, K.H. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 6211-6216.
- Kirsch, K.H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 4957-4963.
- Lynch, D.K. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 21805-21813.
- Kawachi, H. et al. (2006) Nephrology (Carlton) 11, 274-281.
- Hutchings, N.J. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 22396-22403.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.