Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-RCC1 (Ser11) (D18B5) Rabbit mAb #5500
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-RCC1 (Ser11) (D18B5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of RCC1 protein only when phosphorylated at Ser11.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser11 of human RCC1 protein.
The Ras family small GTPase Ran is involved in nuclear envelope formation, assembly of the mitotic spindle, and nuclear transport (1,2). Like other small GTPases, Ran is active in its GTP-bound form and inactive in its GDP-bound form. Nuclear RanGTP concentration is maintained through nuclear localization of guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) activity, which catalyzes the exchange of bound GDP for GTP. Regulator of chromatin condensation 1 (RCC1) is the only known RanGEF (3). RCC1 is dynamically chromatin-bound throughout the cell cycle, and this localization is required for mitosis to proceed normally (4,5). Appropriate association of RCC1 with chromatin is regulated through amino-terminal phosphorylation (5,6) and methylation (7). RCC1 regulation of RanGTP levels in response to histone modifications regulates nuclear import during apoptosis (8). In mitosis RCC1 is phosphorylated at Ser11, possibly by cyclin B/cdc2 (9-11). This phosphorylation may play a role in RCC1 interaction with chromatin and RCC1 RanGEF activity (6).
- Quimby, B.B. and Dasso, M. (2003) Curr Opin Cell Biol 15, 338-44.
- Hetzer, M. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E177-84.
- Moore, W. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 1442-7.
- Ohtsubo, M. et al. (1989) J Cell Biol 109, 1389-97.
- Li, H.Y. and Zheng, Y. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 512-27.
- Hutchins, J.R. et al. (2004) Curr Biol 14, 1099-104.
- Chen, T. et al. (2007) Nat Cell Biol 9, 596-603.
- Wong, C.H. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 36-45.
- Horiike, Y. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Rep 36, 717-23.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 10762-7.
- Hood, F.E. and Clarke, P.R. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 3436-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5134 RCC1 (D15H6) Rabbit mAb
- 4462 Ran Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.