Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PITSLRE/CDK11 (D88B3) Rabbit mAb #5524
|W IP IF-IC||H M Mk (R)||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PITSLRE/CDK11 (D88B3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PITSLRE/CDK11 protein. This antibody will detect the full-length (CDK11p110) and is predicted to detect the alternate transcript (CDK11p58) of PITSLRE/CDK11. The antibody is predicted to detect both PITSLREA/CDK11B and PITSLREB/CDK11A.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met734 of human PITSLRE/CDK11 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PITSLRE/CDK11 (D88B3) Rabbit mAb.
PITSLRE, alternatively known as cell division kinase 11 (CDK11), is the result of duplication of the CDK11 gene (1). CDK11A and CDK11B encode nearly identical serine/threonine protein kinases, PITSLREB and PITSLREA respectively, both belonging to the p34CDC2 family of protein kinases (2). Full-length PITSLRE/CDK11 (commonly referred to as CDK11p110) is expressed ubiquitously throughout the cell cycle whereas a smaller, alternate transcript (CDK11p58), the result of internal ribosomal entry, is expressed only during the G2/M transition where it promotes centrosome maturation and spindle formation (3-5). During induction of apoptosis by Fas or TNF, or anoikis, PITSLRE/CDK11 is cleaved by caspases to generate p110C, an approximately 46 kDa protein that contains the catalytically active kinase domain of PITSLRE/CDK11 that interacts with and inhibits p21-activated kinase (PAK1) activity (6-8). Full length PITSLRE/CDK11 (CDK11p110) appears to participate in pre-mRNA splicing events. This is demonstrated by the observation that CDK11p110 interacts with numerous splicing factors including RNPS1, 9G8/SRSF7 and cyclin L and that CDK11p110 can phosphorylate and inhibit the splicing activity of 9G8/SRSF7 (9-11).
- Gururajan, R. et al. (1998) Genome Res 8, 929-39.
- Xiang, J. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 15786-94.
- Cornelis, S. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 5, 597-605.
- Petretti, C. et al. (2006) EMBO Rep 7, 418-24.
- Wilker, E.W. et al. (2007) Nature 446, 329-32.
- Chen, S. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 20029-36.
- Lahti, J.M. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 1-11.
- Ariza, M.E. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 28505-13.
- Hu, D. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 8623-9.
- Loyer, P. et al. (1998) J Cell Sci 111 ( Pt 11), 1495-506.
- Dickinson, L.A. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 25465-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.