Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SynGAP (D78B11) Rabbit mAb #5540
|W IP||M R (H)||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SynGAP (D78B11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total SynGAP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Arg710 of human SynGAP protein.
SynGAP is a synaptic GTPase-activating protein selectively expressed in the brain and found at higher concentrations specifically at excitatory synapses in the mammalian forebrain. SynGAP has a PH domain, a C2 domain, and a highly conserved RasGAP domain, which negatively regulates both Ras activity and its downstream signaling pathways. SynGAP interacts with the PDZ domains of SAP102, as well as PSD95, a postsynaptic scaffolding protein that couples SynGAP to NMDA receptors (1). SynGAP is phosphorylated by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II (CaMKII) at Ser765 and Ser1123, among other sites (2,3). Phosphorylation of SynGAP results in stimulation of the GTPase activity of Ras, and PSD95 dependent CaMKII phosphorylation of SynGAP increases after transient brain ischemia (1,4). SynGAP is implicated in NMDAR- and CaMKII-dependent regulation of AMPAR trafficking and plays an important role in synaptic plasticity (3,5). SynGAP is critical during neuronal development as mice lacking SynGAP protein die postnatally. Furthermore, SynGAP mutant mice have reduced long-term potentiation (LTP) and perform poorly in spatial memory tasks (6).
- Kim, J.H. et al. (1998) Neuron 20, 683-91.
- Oh, J.S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 17980-8.
- Krapivinsky, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 563-74.
- Song, B. et al. (2004) Brain Res 1005, 44-50.
- Komiyama, N.H. et al. (2002) J Neurosci 22, 9721-32.
- Kim, J.H. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 1119-24.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5539 SynGAP (D20C7) Rabbit mAb
- 3339 Ras (27H5) Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5704 NMDAR1 (D65B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.