Product Pathways - Protein Stability
USP10 Antibody #5553
|5553S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5553||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
USP10 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total USP10 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu163 of human USP10 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, either mock transfected or transfected with a human USP10 construct, using USP10 Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCT-116 cells using USP10 Antibody (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) catalyze protein ubiquitination, a reversible process countered by deubiquitinating enzyme (DUB) action (1,2). Five DUB subfamilies are recognized, including the USP, UCH, OTU, MJD, and JAMM enzymes. USP10 possesses amino acid sequences that match the consensus cysteine and histidine boxes representative of the USP family of deubiquitinating enzymes. At the posttranslational level, USP10 appears to be regulated through both protein-protein interactions and phosphorylation. Indeed, interaction of USP10 with Ras-GAP SH3 domain binding protein (G3BP) has been found to inhibit its ability to catalyze the disassembly of ubiquitin chains (3). Furthermore, ATM-mediated phosphorylation of USP10 at Thr42 and Ser337 was shown to promote USP10 stabilization and redistribution from the cytoplasm to the nucleus, where it functions in p53 deubiquitination, stabilization, and activation in response to genotoxic stress (4). Recently, it was shown that USP10 works in concert with USP13 and Vps34 complexes. USP10, along with USP13, appears to deubiquitinate Vps34 complexes to regulate the levels of this class III PI3K. Beclin-1, another component of these complexes, functions to regulate the stability of USP13, which can deubiquitinate and stabilize the levels of USP10. Therefore, Beclin-1, can indirectly regulate p53 stability by controlling the DUB activity of USP10 (5). USP10 also functions in the endosomal compartment, where it has been shown to deubiquitinate CFTR in order to enhance its endocytic recycling and cell surface expression (6,7).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Soncini, C. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 3869-79.
- Yuan, J. et al. (2010) Cell 140, 384-96.
- Liu, J. et al. (2011) Cell 147, 223-34.
- Bomberger, J.M. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 18778-89.
- Bomberger, J.M. et al. (2011) Channels (Austin) 4, 150-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4833 HAUSP (D17C6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4289 K48-linkage Specific Polyubiquitin Antibody
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.