Product Pathways - Metabolism
Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody #5557
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||36||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total succinyl-CoA synthetase (α subunit) protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human succinyl-CoA synthetase (α subunit) protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Succinyl-CoA synthetase α subunit (SUCLG1) catalyzes the conversion of succinate to succinyl-CoA and plays a key role in the citric acid cycle (1,2). Deficiency of this enzyme leads to a variety of diseases including fatal infantile lactic acidosis (3) and mitochondrial hepatoencephalomyopathy (4).
- Johnson, J.D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 27580-6.
- Phillips, D. et al. (2009) Biochemistry 48, 7140-9.
- Ostergaard, E. et al. (2007) Am J Hum Genet 81, 383-7.
- Van Hove, J.L. et al. (2010) Pediatr Res 68, 159-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3893 Glycogen Synthase Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.