Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb #5558
|5558S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5558P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5558||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of GSK-3β only when phosphorylated at Ser9. This antibody reacts with denatured components of bovine serum, including BSA.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser9 of human GSK-3β.
Western blot analysis of extracts from GSK-3α (-/-) (lanes 1,2) and GSK-3β (-/-) (lanes 3,4) mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) cells, λ phosphatase or PDGF-treated, using Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and α/β-Tubulin Antibody #2148 (lower). (MEF wild type, GSK-3α (-/-) and GSK-3β (-/-) cells were kindly provided by Dr. Jim Woodgett, University of Toronto, Canada).
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC-3 cells, untreated or LY294002/wortmannin-treated, using Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb #9315 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, untreated (blue) or PDGF-treated (green), using Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of wild type mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) (top row), GSK-3β (-/-) MEFs (middle row) , or PC-3 cells (bottom row), untreated (left), LY294002- and Wortmannin-treated (#9901 and #9951 respectively; center) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye). (MEF wild type and GSK-3β (-/-) cells were kindly provided by Dr. Jim Woodgett, University of Toronto, Canada).
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
- Mirlashari, M.R. et al. (2012) Leuk Res 36, 499-508. Applications: Flow Cytometry.
- Biswas, K. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 2325-39. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Sakuma, K. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 7776-81. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 4818 GSK-3α (D80D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4337 GSK-3α (D80E6) Rabbit mAb
- 5676 GSK-3α/β (D75D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8466 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.