Product Pathways - Neuroscience
DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb #5560
|5560S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5560||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total DJ-1 protein. DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb is recommended to detect human samples but may also detect mouse and rat samples weakly.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly150 of human DJ-1 protein.
Parkinson's disease (PD) is characterized by the presence of Lewy bodies (intracellular inclusions) and by the loss of dopaminergic neurons. Research studies have shown that mutations in α-synuclein, Parkin, and DJ-1 are linked to PD (1). α-synuclein is a major component of the aggregates found in Lewy bodies. Parkin is involved in protein degradation through the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, and investigators have shown that mutations in Parkin cause early onset of PD (1). Loss-of-function mutations in DJ-1 cause early onset of PD, but DJ-1 is associated with multiple functions: it cooperates with Ras to increase cell transformation, it positively regulates transcription of the androgen receptor, and it may function as an indicator of oxidative stress (2-5). Dopamine D2 receptor-mediated functions are greatly impaired in DJ-1 (-/-) mice, resulting in reduced long-term depression (6).
- Borrelli, E. (2005) Neuron 45, 479-81.
- Bonifati, V. et al. (2003) Science 299, 256-9.
- Nagakubo, D. et al. (1997) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 231, 509-13.
- Takahashi, K. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 37556-63.
- Mitsumoto, A. and Nakagawa, Y. (2001) Free Radic. Res. 35, 885-93.
- Goldberg, M.S. et al. (2005) Neuron 45, 489-96.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 5660 PINK1 (N4/15.11) Mouse mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.