Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb #5589
|5589S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5589P||40 µl (8 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5589||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:2000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogeneous levels of Rab11 protein, including isoforms Rab11a and Rab11b.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Rab11 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Rab11a, Rab11b and Rab25 are members of the Rab11 family of small Ras-like GTPases. Rab11 (isoforms Rab11a and Rab11b) functions as a key regulator in the recycling of perinuclear, plasma membrane and Golgi compartment endosomes (1,2). Despite some overlap, distinct differences exist between Rab11a and Rab11b in both their cellular distribution and functional roles. Rab11a is ubiquitously expressed while Rab11b is found mainly in the heart and brain (3,4). Like other Rab proteins, Rab11 exerts its function via interactions with Rab11 family interacting proteins (FIPs). While there are three distinct classes of FIPs, all appear to share a conserved carboxy-terminal Rab-binding domain that allows Rab-FIP protein interaction. When bound together, these proteins are thought to regulate membrane-associated protein sorting (5,6).
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J. Cell Biol. 135, 913-924.
- Chen, W. et al. (1998) Mol. Biol. Cell 9, 3241-3257.
- Lapierre, L.A. et al. (2003) Exp. Cell Res. 290, 322-331.
- Khvotchev, M.V. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 10531-10539.
- Junutula, J.R. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 33430-33437.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 39067-39075.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3539 Rab11 Antibody
- 2413 Rab11a Antibody
- 2414 Rab11b Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.