Product Pathways - Protein Stability
SENP3 (D20A10) XP® Rabbit mAb #5591
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||75||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SENP3 (D20A10) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogeneous levels of total SENP3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe48 of human SENP3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SENP3 (D20A10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
SENP3 is a member of the SENP (sentrin/SUMO-specific protease) family. The SUMO protease localizes to the nucleolus and catalyzes the release of SUMO2 and SUMO3 monomers from sumoylated substrates (1,2). SENP3 has been reported responsible for the removal of SUMO2/3 from many important target proteins, and regulates their function and stability. Desumoylation of MEF2D (removal of SUMO2/3) leads to an increase of MEF2D transcriptional activation (3). SENP3 enhances the binding of HIF-1α to p300 by deconjugation of SUMO2/3 from p300, leading to the upregulation of HIF-1α transcriptional activity and angiogenesis (4). SENP3 localizes to nucleolus through its binding to the nucleolar protein nucleophosmin (NPM1) (5), and its deconjugation activity towards NPM1 is required for rRNA processing during ribosomal biogenesis (6). Under mild oxidative stress, SENP3 colocalizes with PML, and desumoylates and inhibits the function of PML to promote cell proliferation (7). SENP3 levels are tightly controlled in cells; NPM1, Arf, CHIP, and HSP90 have been shown to regulate the stability of SENP3, either by direct or indirect interaction (8,9).
- Nishida, T. et al. (2000) Eur J Biochem 267, 6423-7.
- Gong, L. and Yeh, E.T. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 15869-77.
- Grégoire, S. and Yang, X.J. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 2273-87.
- Huang, C. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 2748-62.
- Yun, C. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 183, 589-95.
- Haindl, M. et al. (2008) EMBO Rep 9, 273-9.
- Han, Y. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 12906-15.
- Kuo, M.L. et al. (2008) Cell Cycle 7, 3378-87.
- Yan, S. et al. (2010) EMBO J, Epub ahead of print.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.