Product Pathways - Adhesion
βIG-H3 (D31B8) XP® Rabbit mAb #5601
|W IP IF-IC||H||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
βIG-H3 (D31B8) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total βIG-H3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human βIG-H3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A549 cells treated with hTGFβ-3 #8425 (100 ng/ml for 12 hours) and OVCAR8 cells using βIG-H3 (D31B8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
βIG-H3 (TGFBI/RGD-CAP/Kerato-epithelin) is a 683-amino acid secretory protein induced by TGF-β that plays a role in cell adhesion, differentiation, and apoptosis (1-4). βIG-H3 contains an internal cysteine-rich EMI domain followed by four fasciclin-1 domains and a carboxy terminal RGD domain (1,2). It contributes to cell adhesion through interactions with integrins as well as a number of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins including collagen, fibronectin, and laminin (5-7). ECM βIG-H3 is found in a wide variety of tissues (8-12). Mutations in the βIG-H3 gene as well as elevated protein levels are most notably associated with corneal dystrophies (13).
- Skonier, J. et al. (1992) DNA Cell Biol 11, 511-22.
- Skonier, J. et al. (1994) DNA Cell Biol 13, 571-84.
- Hashimoto, K. et al. (1997) Biochim Biophys Acta 1355, 303-14.
- Kim, J.E. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 2045-53.
- Kim, J.E. et al. (2002) Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43, 656-61.
- Billings, P.C. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 28003-9.
- Hanssen, E. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 24334-41.
- Gibson, M.A. et al. (1997) J Histochem Cytochem 45, 1683-96.
- Billings, P.C. et al. (2000) Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 22, 352-9.
- Gilbert, R.E. et al. (1998) Kidney Int 54, 1052-62.
- Rawe, I.M. et al. (1997) Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 38, 893-900.
- LeBaron, R.G. et al. (1995) J Invest Dermatol 104, 844-9.
- Munier, F.L. et al. (1997) Nat Genet 15, 247-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2719 βIG-H3 Antibody
- 3101 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467) Antibody
- 3102 Smad2/3 Antibody
- 3108 Phospho-Smad2 (Ser465/467) (138D4) Rabbit mAb
- 3122 Smad2 (86F7) Rabbit mAb
- 9523 Smad3 (C67H9) Rabbit mAb
- 9520 Phospho-Smad3 (Ser423/425) (C25A9) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.