Product Pathways - Neuroscience
BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb #5606
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||70||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total BACE protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His490 of human BACE protein.
β-secretase (BACE) is an aspartic acid proteinase that catalyses the initial step in APP processing by cleaving and releasing a soluble, extracellular APP-β (sAPPβ) ectodomain and generating a membrane-bound, carboxy-terminal fragment consisting of 99 amino acids (CTF99). Additional processing of CTF99 by γ-secretase generates the amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) that forms aggregates in the brains of Alzheimer disease (AD) patients. BACE is an attractive target for inhibitors in AD therapy since it catalyses the first and rate limiting step in amyloidogenic APP processing (1). Pro-BACE-1 is synthesized in the ER before it is transported to the trans-Golgi network to undergo maturation (2). BACE-1 functions as a dimer and is phosphorylated at Ser498 by casein kinase 1, which is necessary for recycling back to the membrane from the early endosome (3,4).
- Hunt, C.E. and Turner, A.J. (2009) FEBS J 276, 1845-59.
- Benjannet, S. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 10879-87.
- Walter, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 14634-41.
- He, X. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 11696-703.
- Giusti-Rodríguez, P. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 15751-6. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3976 TACE Antibody
- 3823 Phospho-APP (Thr668) Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.