Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Semaphorin 4B (Ser825) Antibody #5622
|W||H M R||Endogenous||105||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Semaphorin 4B (Ser825) Antibody detects endogenous levels of semaphorin 4B protein only when phosphorylated at Ser825.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser825 of human semaphorin 4B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The semaphorin family of proteins is involved in axon guidance, cell migration, angiogenesis, and immune response. Plexins and neuropilins bind with high affinity to semaphorins to mediate their functions. Semaphorins are divided into seven classes of secreted or membrane-bound proteins. Members of Class 4 semaphorins include 4A through 4G; semaphorin 4B is a membrane-associated protein (1,2). Semaphorin 4B binds to the CLCP1 receptor and regulates cell motility (3). Furthermore, semaphorin 4B, like many other semaphorins, has a PDZ domain-binding motif at the carboxy terminus that interacts with PSD95 and localizes to the post-synaptic membrane (4).
The phosphorylation site at Ser825 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology using PTMScan® Technology, a proprietary proteomic method for post-translational modification site discovery (5).
- Pasterkamp, R.J. and Kolodkin, A.L. (2003) Curr Opin Neurobiol 13, 79-89.
- Kruger, R.P. et al. (2005) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6, 789-800.
- Nagai, H. et al. (2007) Oncogene 26, 4025-31.
- Burkhardt, C. et al. (2005) FEBS Lett 579, 3821-8.
- Moritz, A. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra64.
- Moritz, A. et al. (2010) Sci Signal 3, ra64. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 3366 Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.