Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD44 (8E2) Mouse mAb #5640
|W IP IF-IC F||H M R||Endogenous||80||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD44 (8E2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total CD44 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing BALB/c mice with purified recombinant CD44 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, C6 and HUVEC cells using CD44 (8E2) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Hela cells using CD44 (8E2) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Projected confocal z-stack of HeLa cells using CD44 (8E2) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
CD44 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates cell-cell and cell-matrix interaction through its affinity for hyaluronic acid (HA) and possibly through other parts of the extracellular matrix (ECM). CD44 is highly polymorphic, possesses a number of alternative splice variants and undergoes extensive post-translational modifications (1,2). Increased surface levels of CD44 are characteristic of T cell activation, and expression of the protein is upregulated during the inflammatory response. Research studies have shown that interactions between CD44 and HER2 are linked to an increase in ovarian carcinoma cell growth (1-3). CD44 interacts with ezrin, radixin and moesin (ERM), linking the actin cytoskeleton to the plasma membrane and the ECM (4-6). CD44 is constitutively phosphorylated at Ser325 in resting cells. Activation of PKC results in phosphorylation of Ser291, dephosphorylation of Ser325, disassociation of ezrin from CD44, and directional motility (4).
- Goodison, S. et al. (1999) Mol. Pathol. 52, 189-196.
- Cichy, J. and Puré, E. (2003) J. Cell Biol. 161, 839-843.
- Bourguignon, L.Y. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 27913-27918.
- Legg, J.W. et al. (2002) Nat. Cell Biol. 4, 399-407.
- Yonemura, S. et al. (1998) J. Cell Biol. 140, 885-895.
- Tsukita, S. et al. (1994) J. Cell Biol. 126, 391-401.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3578 CD44 Antibody
- 4443 CD3ε (CD3-12) Rat mAb
- 3563 CD4 (Edu-2) Mouse mAb
- 3572 CD8 (RIV11) Mouse mAb
- 3576 CD56 (NCAM) (123C3) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.