Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb #5643
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||22 (CTF)||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Presenilin 1 protein. The antibody may detect a nonspecific band at 60 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human Presenilin 1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, wild-type MEF, and Presenilin 1(-/-) MEF cells using Presenilin 1 (D39D1) Rabbit mAb (upper) and α/β-Tubulin Antibody #2148 (lower). (Wild-type MEF and Presenilin 1(-/-) MEF cells were kindly provided by Dr. Bart De Strooper, K.U.Leuven, Belgium).
Presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 are transmembrane proteins belonging to the presenilin family. Mutation of presenilin genes has been linked to early onset of Alzheimer disease, probably due to presenilin's associated γ-secretase activity for amyloid-β protein processing (1,2). Endogenous presenilin mainly exists in a heterodimeric complex formed from the endoproteolytically processed amino-terminal (34 kDa) and carboxy-terminal (~20, 22, 23 kDa) fragments (CTF) (2,3).
- Haass, C. and DeStrooper, B. (1999) Science 286, 916-919.
- Kimberly, W.T. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 3173-3178.
- Kim, T.W. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 11006-11010.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2192 Presenilin 2 Antibody
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 5665 Nicastrin (D38F9) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 5451 PEN2 Antibody
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.