Product Pathways - Development
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb #5651
|W IP||H (M) (R) (X) (Z)||Endogenous||92||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) (D8E11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of β-catenin protein only when phosphorylated at Ser552.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser552 of human β-catenin protein.
β-Catenin is a key downstream effector in the Wnt signaling pathway (1). It is implicated in two major biological processes in vertebrates: early embryonic development (2) and tumorigenesis (3). CK1 phosphorylates β-catenin at Ser45. This phosphorylation event primes β-catenin for subsequent phosphorylation by GSK-3β (4-6). GSK-3β destabilizes β-catenin by phosphorylating it at Ser33, Ser37, and Thr41 (7). Mutations at these sites result in the stabilization of β-catenin protein levels and have been found in many tumor cell lines (8).
Both Akt and PKA were shown to phosphorylate β-catenin at Ser552. Phosphorylation at Ser552 induces β-catenin accumulation in the nucleus and increases its transcriptional activity (9-11).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Wodarz, A. and Nusse, R. (1998) Annu. Rev. Cell. Dev. Biol. 14, 59-88.
- Polakis, P. (1999) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 9, 15-21.
- Amit, S. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1066-1076.
- Lin, C. et al. (2002) Cell 108, 837-847.
- Yanagawa, S. et al. (2002) EMBO J. 21, 1733-1742.
- Yost, C. et al. (1996) Genes Dev. 10, 1443-1454.
- Morin, P.J. (1997) Science 275, 1787-1790.
- Taurin, S. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 9971-9976.
- Fang, D. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 11221-11229.
- He, X.C. et al. (2007) Nat Genet 39, 189-198.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.