Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Thymidylate Synthase (TS106) Mouse mAb #5653
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||30||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thymidylate Synthase (TS106) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Thymidylate Synthase protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full-length recombinant human Thymidylate Synthase protein.
The methylation of deoxyuridine monophosphate (dUMP) to deoxythymidine monophosphate (dTMP) is an essential step in the formation of thymine nucleotides (1,2, reviewed in 3). This process is catalyzed by thymidylate synthase (TS or TYMS), a homodimer composed of two 30 kDa subunits. TS is an intracellular enzyme that provides the sole de novo source of thymidylate, making it a required enzyme in DNA biosynthesis with activity highest in proliferating cells (1). Being the exclusive source of dTMP, investigators have concluded that TS is also an important target for anticancer agents such as 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) (1-5). 5-FU acts as a TS inhibitor and is active against solid tumors such as colon, breast, head, and neck. Research studies have demonstrated that patients with metastases expressing lower levels of TS have a higher response rate to treatment with 5-FU than patients with tumors that have increased levels of TS (5). Researchers continue to investigate TS expression in different types of cancers (6-10).
- Johnston, P.G. et al. (1991) Cancer Res 51, 6668-76.
- Aschele, C. et al. (2002) Ann Oncol 13, 1882-92.
- Jackman, A.L. and Calvert, A.H. (1995) Ann Oncol 6, 871-81.
- Van Triest, B. et al. (2000) J Histochem Cytochem 48, 755-60.
- Johnston, P.G. et al. (1994) J Clin Oncol 12, 2640-7.
- Kwon, H.C. et al. (2007) Ann Oncol 18, 504-9.
- Allegra, C.J. et al. (2002) J Clin Oncol 20, 1735-43.
- Allegra, C.J. et al. (2003) J Clin Oncol 21, 241-50.
- Tsourouflis, G. et al. (2008) Dig Dis Sci 53, 1289-96.
- Kim, S.H. et al. (2009) Am J Clin Oncol 32, 38-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3766 Thymidylate Synthase Antibody
- 5449 Thymidylate Synthase (D26G11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.