Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
PKD3/PKCν (D57E6) Rabbit mAb #5655
|W IP||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PKD3/PKCν (D57E6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PKD3/PKCν protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala880 of human PKD3/PKCν protein.
PKCν, also known as PKD3, is a member of the protein kinase C (PKC) family of serine/threonine kinases that play critical roles in the regulation of cellular differentiation and proliferation. PKCν is composed of 890 amino acid residues and has 77.3% similarity to human PKCμ (PKCμ) and 77. 4% similarity to mouse PKD (the mouse homolog of PKCμ) (1). The PKCν mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in various tissues. PKCν has two putative diacylglycerol binding C1 domains, suggesting that it may participate in a novel diacylglycerol-mediated signaling pathway (2). PKCν is translocated to the plasma membrane and activated by the diacylglycerol mimic phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate. PKCν is an important physiologic target of the B-cell receptor (BCR) and exhibits robust activation after BCR engagement (2). GPCR agonists induce a rapid activation of PKCν by a protein kinase C (PKC)-dependent pathway that leads to the phosphorylation of the activation loop of PKCν. PKCν is present both in the nucleus and cytoplasm and this distribution of PKCν results from its continuous shuttling between both compartments by a mechanism that requires a nuclear import receptor and a competent CRM1-nuclear export pathway (3). Cell stimulation with the GPCR agonist neurotensin induces a rapid and reversible plasma membrane translocation of PKCν that is PKC-dependent.
- Hayashi, A. et al. (1999) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1450, 99-106.
- Matthews, S.A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 9086-91.
- Rey, O. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 23773-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2051 Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser916) Antibody
- 2052 PKD/PKCμ Antibody
- 2054 Phospho-PKD/PKCμ (Ser744/748) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.