Product Pathways - Neuroscience
RAIG1 Antibody #5657
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RAIG1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total RAIG1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val295 of human RAIG1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from untransfected or human RAIG1-transfected 293T cells and untransfected MKN-45 cells using RAIG1 Antibody.
Retinoic Acid-Induced Gene 1 (RAIG1), also called RAI3 and GPRC5A, belongs to the family of G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs). GPCRs are the largest and most abundant receptor family in mammals, composed of more than one thousand members (1). Retinoic Acids (RA) are a group of pleiotropic signaling molecules that regulate a broad range of physiologic and developmental processes. It is thought that RAIG1 may be a downstream target of RA signaling (2). RAIG1 is expressed in lung tissue and in several lung cancer cell lines, and encodes a seven-transmembrane glycoprotein presumed to be a lung tumor suppressor gene (3,4).
- Jörissen, H. et al. (2009) BMC Cancer 9, 200.
- Xu, J. et al. (2005) Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 32, 381-7.
- Veling, G. et al. (1992) Kinderkrankenschwester 11, 118-20.
- Ye, X. et al. (2009) Cancer Biol Ther 8, 951-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
Cell Signaling Technology® is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.