Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Plexin A2 (D42B5) Rabbit mAb #5658
|5658S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5658||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||212||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Plexin A2 (D42B5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Plexin A2 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with unidentified proteins at various molecular weights.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly185 of human Plexin A2.
Class 3 secreted semaphorin (Sema3A) is a chemorepellent that acts upon a wide variety of axons. As such, it induces a dramatic redistribution and depolymerization of actin filaments that results in growth cone collapse. Plexins are single membrane-spanning signaling proteins encompassing Plexin A1, A2, A3, and A4. Plexins form a complex with neuropilin-1 and -2 and the cell adhesion protein L1 to form a functional semaphorin receptor (1,2). The GTPase Rnd1 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of Plexin A1 to trigger cytoskeletal collapse. In contrast, the GTPase RhoD blocks Rnd1-mediated Plexin A1 activation and repulsion of sympathetic axons by Sema3A (3).
Sema6A is also a ligand for Plexin A2. Both Sema6A and Plexin A2 knock-out mice have a granule cell migration defect, where cells remain in the molecular layer. Furthermore, Plexin A2 also controls nucleus—centrosome coupling which modulates cell migration (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 5512 Plexin A3 (D2G12) Rabbit mAb
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 3725 Neuropilin-1 (D62C6) Rabbit mAb
- 3366 Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.