Product Pathways - Neuroscience
PINK1 (N4/15.11) Mouse mAb #5660
|W IP||H||Transfected Only||60, 50||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PINK1 (N4/15.11) Mouse mAb recognizes transfected levels of total PINK1 protein. Endogenous levels of PINK1 have not been detected with this antibody so far.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human PINK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells mock transfected (-) or transfected with human PINK1 (+) using PINK1 (N4/15.11) Mouse mAb.
PTEN induced putative kinase 1, PINK1, is a mitochondrial serine/threonine kinase involved in the normal function and integrity of mitochondria, as well as in reduction of cytochrome c release from mitochondria (1-3). PINK1 phosphorylates Parkin and promotes its translocation to mitochondria (2). Research studies have shown that mutations in PINK1 are linked to autosomal recessive early onset Parkinson’s disease, and are associated with loss of protective function, mitochondrial dysfunction, aggregation of α-synuclein, as well as proteasome dysfunction (1,3).
- Liu, W. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e4597.
- Kim, Y. et al. (2008) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377, 975-80.
- Petit, A. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 34025-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 4179 α-Synuclein (D37A6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5559 LRRK2 Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 2680 p35/25 (C64B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 5393 Phospho-DARPP-32 (Thr34) (D29E8) Rabbit mAb
- 2516 REDD1 Antibody
- 5560 DJ-1 (D21E11) Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.