Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PDK1 (D37A7) Rabbit mAb #5662
|W||H M R Hm Mk||Endogenous||58-68||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PDK1 (D37A7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PDK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human PDK1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using PDK1 (D37A7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HCT 116 wild-type and HCT 116 PDK1-/- cells using PDK1 (D37A7) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691 (lower). (HCT 116 wild-type and HCT 116 PDK1-/- cells were kindly provided by Dr. Bert Vogelstein, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD).
Phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) plays a central role in many signal transduction pathways (1,2) including the activation of Akt and the PKC isoenzymes p70 S6 kinase and RSK (3). Through its effects on these kinases, PDK1 is involved in the regulation of a wide variety of processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis.
- Belham, C. et al. (1999) Curr. Biol. 9, R93-R96.
- Toker, A. and Newton, A.C. (2000) Cell 103, 185-188.
- Williams, M.R. et al. (2000) Curr. Biol. 10, 439-448.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3438 Phospho-PDK1 (Ser241) (C49H2) Rabbit mAb
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4691 Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.