Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb #5663
|W IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||35||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Musashi-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Met190 of human Musashi-1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from neonatal mouse brain and fetal rat brain using Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SH-SY5Y, NCCIT, and PC-3 cells using Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and α/β-Tubulin Antibody #2148 (lower).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of P4 rat brain using Musashi-1 (D46A8) XP® Rabbit mAb (green) and Nestin (Rat-401) Mouse mAb #4760 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Musashi-1 and Musashi-2 are RNA-binding proteins which play a role in asymmetric cell division of ectodermal precursor cells by regulating the translation of target mRNA. Both family members augment Notch signaling and repress the translation of m-Numb, a protein that positively modulates differentiation of neural stem cells into neurons. Thus, Musashi contributes to the maintenance of neural stem cells (1). While Musashi-1 is frequently used as a marker for proliferating neural precursor cells, it is also expressed in epithelial stem cells including intestinal and mammary gland stem cells (2-4).
- Okano, H. et al. (2005) Exp. Cell Res. 306, 349-56.
- Sakakibara, S. et al. (1996) Dev. Biol. 176, 230-42.
- Potten, C.S. et al. (2003) Differentiation 71, 28-41.
- Clarke, R.B. et al. (2005) Dev. Biol. 277, 443-56.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2154 Musashi Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
XP® and Cell Signaling Technology® are trademarks of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.DRAQ5® is a trademark of Biostatus, Ltd.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.