Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HOP (D6E3) Rabbit mAb #5669
|W||H M R Mk (Hm) (B)||Endogenous||64||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HOP (D6E3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HOP protein. This antibody is not known to cross-react with other heat shock proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys513 of human HOP protein.
HOP, also known as stress-induced phospho protein 1 (STIP), is a co-chaperone to the major heat shock proteins, Hsp70 and Hsp90, and appears in early receptor complexes (1,2). Through mutual binding to both Hsp70 and Hsp90, Hop functions as an adaptor that can integrate Hsp70 and Hsp90 interactions (3,4). HOP is an abundant and highly conserved protein which is composed of three tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) domains (TPR1, TPR2a and TPR2b) and two DP repeat domains (DP1 and DP2), whose function has not been fully resolved (5).
- Smith, D.F. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 869-76.
- Smith, D.F. (1993) Mol Endocrinol 7, 1418-29.
- Chen, S. and Smith, D.F. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 35194-200.
- Nelson, G.M. et al. (2003) Cell Stress Chaperones 8, 125-33.
- Carrigan, P.E. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 8906-11.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2723 Hip Antibody
- 8014 Hip (10B7-C3) Mouse mAb
- 4464 Hop Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.