Product Pathways - Metabolism
Pdx1 (D59H3) XP® Rabbit mAb #5679
|W IP IF-IC||H R||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pdx1 (D59H3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Pdx1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val274 of human Pdx1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from INS-1 cells using Pdx1 (D59H3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The pancreatic duodenal homeobox gene-1 (Pdx1) is a transcription factor that contributes to pancreas development, pancreatic β-cell differentiation, and mature β-cell function (1,2). It plays an essential role in the commitment of endoderm to a pancreatic and later β-cell phenotype (2,3). In the mature pancreas, Pdx1 expression is more restricted to the pancreatic β-cells (3), where it promotes the expression of genes important for β-cell functions such as insulin, glucokinase, and Glut2 (4-6). Mutations of the corresponding Pdx1 gene may be associated with diabetes and cases of pancreatic insufficiency (7).
- Kaneto, H. et al. (2008) Endocr J 55, 235-52.
- Habener, J.F. et al. (2005) Endocrinology 146, 1025-34.
- Guz, Y. et al. (1995) Development 121, 11-8.
- Ohlsson, H. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 4251-9.
- Watada, H. et al. (1996) Diabetes 45, 1826-31.
- Waeber, G. et al. (1996) Mol Endocrinol 10, 1327-34.
- Cockburn, B.N. et al. (2004) J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89, 971-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2437 Pdx1 Antibody
- 3014 Insulin (C27C9) Rabbit mAb
- 4590 Insulin Antibody
- 2760 Glucagon Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.