Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
LCMT1 (4A4) Mouse mAb #5691
|W IP||M R||Endogenous||39||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LCMT1 (4A4) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total LCMT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to mouse LCMT1 protein.
Leucine carboxyl methyltransferase-1 (LCMT1) is an important mammalian methyltransferase that methylates the catalytic C subunit of protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A) at Leu309 (1,2). X-ray crystallography analysis reveals that the structural integrity of human LCMT1 and cofactor S-adenosylmethionine complex enables proper interaction with PP2A (3). Evidence suggests that functional LCMT1 is crucial for the ability of PP2A to form heterotrimers with the B/B55 and Bα family of regulatory subunits (4,5). Impaired LCMT1 activity is shown to disrupt mitosis and cell survival (5). In neurodegenerative models, increases in endogenous levels of LCMT1, methylated PP2A (C), and Bα induce the development and differentiation of neuroblastoma cells (5-7).
- Xie, H. and Clarke, S. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 203, 1710-5.
- Lee, J. and Stock, J. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 19192-5.
- Tsai, M.L. et al. (2011) Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 67, 14-24.
- Schild, A. et al. (2006) Int J Dev Neurosci 24, 437-43.
- Lee, J.A. and Pallas, D.C. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 30974-84.
- Sontag, E. et al. (2004) J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 63, 1080-91.
- Sontag, J.M. et al. (2010) J Neurochem 115, 1455-65.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2038 PP2A C Subunit Antibody
- 2260 PP2A A Subunit (6G3) Rat mAb
- 2039 PP2A A Subunit Antibody
- 2259 PP2A C Subunit (52F8) Rabbit mAb
- 4953 PP2A B Subunit Antibody
- 3330 PTPA/PPP2R4 Antibody
- 1051 PP2A B Subunit Blocking Peptide
- 2290 PP2A B Subunit (100C1) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.