Product Pathways - Phosphatases
IGBP1 (5F6) Mouse mAb #5699
|5699S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5699||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||42||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
IGBP1 (5F6) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IGBP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to human IGBP1.
Immunoglobulin binding protein 1 (IGBP1) interacts with the regulatory subunit C of serine/threonine phosphatase PP2A, and other protein phosphotases, PP4 and PP6 (1-3). Binding of IGBP1 to PP2A has been shown to regulate PP2A catalytic activity and its substrate specificity (1-4). Recent evidence suggests that IGBP1 may play a role in PP2Ac ubiquitination via its association with E3 ubiquitin ligase MID1 (5,6). IGBP1 negatively regulates apoptosis by targeting PP2A activity to suppress p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation by cytokines (7). Upon BCR cross-linking, IGBP1 transiently associates with tyrosine phosphorylated molecules, which in turn induce downstream signal transduction (7). Evidence suggests that IGBP1 association with PP2A may be involved in the rapamycin sensitive mTOR pathway (8,9). Formation of the IGBP1 and Midline ring finger protein (MID) complex has been identified as a prerequisite to pathogenesis of X-linked Optiz GBBB syndrome (10).
- Prickett, T.D. and Brautigan, D.L. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 30503-11.
- Prickett, T.D. and Brautigan, D.L. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 38912-20.
- Chen, J. et al. (1998) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 247, 827-32.
- Sakashita, S. et al. (2011) Pathol Int 61, 130-7.
- McConnell, J.L. et al. (2010) Biochemistry 49, 1713-8.
- McDonald, W.J. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 110, 1123-9.
- Murata, K. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 10624-9.
- Prickett, T.D. and Brautigan, D.L. (2007) Mol Cell Biol 27, 4217-27.
- Inui, S. et al. (1998) Blood 92, 539-46.
- Short, K.M. et al. (2002) BMC Cell Biol 3, 1.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2259 PP2A C Subunit (52F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2038 PP2A C Subunit Antibody
- 9780 PP2A Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 1067 PP2A C Subunit Blocking Peptide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.