Product Pathways - Neuroscience
NMDAR1 (D65B7) Rabbit mAb #5704
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||120||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NMDAR1 (D65B7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total NMDAR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro660 of human NMDAR1.
N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) forms a heterodimer of at least one NR1 and one NR2A-D subunit. Multiple receptor isoforms with distinct brain distributions and functional properties arise by selective splicing of the NR1 transcripts and differential expression of the NR2 subunits. NR1 subunits bind the co-agonist glycine and NR2 subunits bind the neurotransmitter glutamate. Activation of the NMDA receptor or opening of the ion channel allows flow of Na+ and Ca2+ ions into the cell, and K+ out of the cell (1). Each subunit has a cytoplasmic domain that can be directly modified by the protein kinase/phosphatase (2). PKC can phosphorylate the NR1 subunit (NMDAR1) of the receptor at Ser890/Ser896, and PKA can phosphorylate NR1 at Ser897 (3). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKC decreases its affinity for calmodulin, thus preventing the inhibitory effect of calmodulin on NMDAR (4). The phosphorylation of NR1 by PKA probably counteracts the inhibitory effect of calcineurin on the receptor (5). NMDAR mediates long-term potentiation and slow postsynaptic excitation, which play central roles in learning, neurodevelopment, and neuroplasticity (6).
- Liu, X.B. et al. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 8885-8895.
- Westphal, R.S. et al. (1999) Science 285, 93-96.
- Tingley, W.G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5157-5166.
- Hisatsune, C. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 20805-20810.
- Raman, I.M. et al. (1996) Neuron 16, 415-421.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J. Neurosci. 19, 2500-2510.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 3384 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser896) Antibody
- 3385 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser897) Antibody
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.