Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
ELP3 (D5H12) Rabbit mAb #5728
|W||H M R (Hm) (B) (Dg) (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ELP3 (D5H12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ELP3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly431 of human ELP3 protein.
Elongator is a highly conserved transcription elongation factor complex that was first identified in yeast as part of the hyperphosphorylated RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) holoenzyme (1). The Elongator complex consists of 6 subunits, ELP1-6, and has been shown to have acetyltransferase activity (2). The acetylation targets of Elongator include histone H3, which is linked to the transcription elongation function of the complex, and α-tubulin, which is associated with regulation of migration and maturation of projection neurons (3-6).
ELP3 is the catalytic acetyltransferase subunit of the Elongator complex (2,3). ELP3 contains an iron-sulfur cluster that can bind S-adenosylmethionine, which is necessary for the structural integrity of the Elongator and has been shown to play an important role in mediating global zygotic DNA demethylation of the paternal genome post-fertilization (7-9).
- Otero, G. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 3, 109-18.
- Creppe, C. and Buschbeck, M. (2011) J Biomed Biotechnol 2011, 924898.
- Wittschieben, B.O. et al. (1999) Mol Cell 4, 123-8.
- Hawkes, N.A. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 3047-52.
- Kim, J.H. et al. (2002) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 99, 1241-6.
- Creppe, C. et al. (2009) Cell 136, 551-64.
- Paraskevopoulou, C. et al. (2006) Mol Microbiol 59, 795-806.
- Greenwood, C. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 141-9.
- Okada, Y. et al. (2010) Nature 463, 554-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 5071 ELP1/IKBKAP Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.