Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
C1QBP Antibody #5734
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||29||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
C1QBP Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total C1QBP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys220 of human C1QBP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
C1QBP, also referred to as p32, p33, gC1q receptor (gC1qR), and hyaluronic acid binding protein 1 (HABP1), was originally identified via its binding interactions with Splicing Factor (SF-2) (1). Multiple, diverse binding partners of C1QBP were subsequently identified, including the globular heads of complement component C1q, hyaluronic acid, selected protein kinases (2), the tumor suppressor ARF (3-5), and multiple antigens of bacterial and viral origin (6). Research studies have shown that C1QBP is overexpressed in a number of cancer cell types (7), and has been implicated in the Warburg effect, whereby cancer cells shift their metabolism from oxidative phosphorylation to glycolysis (7). C1QBP has also been shown to inhibit the Mitochondrial Permeability Transition (MPT) pore, possibly serving a protective function against damage from oxidative stress (8).
- Krainer, A.R. et al. (1991) Cell 66, 383-94.
- Storz, P. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 24601-7.
- Itahana, K. and Zhang, Y. (2008) Cancer Cell 13, 542-53.
- Reef, S. et al. (2007) Oncogene 26, 6677-83.
- Reef, S. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 22, 463-75.
- Peerschke, E.I. and Ghebrehiwet, B. (2007) Immunobiology 212, 333-42.
- Fogal, V. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 1303-18.
- McGee, A.M. and Baines, C.P. (2010) Biochem J 433, 119-25.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.