Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb #5741
|5741S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5741P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5741||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||57||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total vimentin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg45 of human vimentin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of SNB19 cells using Vimentin (D21H3) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsil using Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse colon using Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, using Vimentin (D21H3) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red).
The cytoskeleton consists of three types of cytosolic fibers: microfilaments (actin filaments), intermediate filaments, and microtubules. Major types of intermediate filaments are distinguished by their cell-specific expression: cytokeratins (epithelial cells), glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) (glial cells), desmin (skeletal, visceral, and certain vascular smooth muscle cells), vimentin (mesenchyme origin), and neurofilaments (neurons). GFAP and vimentin form intermediate filaments in astroglial cells and modulate their motility and shape (1). In particular, vimentin filaments are present at early developmental stages, while GFAP filaments are characteristic of differentiated and mature brain astrocytes. Thus, GFAP is commonly used as a marker for intracranial and intraspinal tumors arising from astrocytes (2). Research studies have shown that vimentin is present in sarcomas, but not carcinomas, and its expression is examined in conjunction with that of other markers to distinguish between the two (3). Vimentin's dynamic structural changes and spatial re-organization in response to extracellular stimuli help to coordinate various signaling pathways (4). Phosphorylation of vimentin at Ser56 in smooth muscle cells regulates the structural arrangement of vimentin filaments in response to serotonin (5,6). Remodeling of vimentin and other intermediate filaments is important during lymphocyte adhesion and migration through the endothelium (7).
- Eng, L.F. et al. (2000) Neurochem. Res. 25, 1439-1451.
- Goebel, H.H. et al. (1987) Acta Histochem. Suppl. 34, 81-93.
- Leader, M. et al. (1987) Histopathology 11, 63-72.
- Helfand, B.T. et al. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 133-141.
- Tang, D.D. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 388, 773-783.
- Fomina, I.G. et al. (1990) Klin. Med. (Mosk.) 68, 125-127.
- Nieminen, M. et al. (2006) Nat. Cell Biol. 8, 156-162.
- Lacher, M.D. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer 10, 91. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
- Matsuyama, M. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem , . Applications: Western Blotting, IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3932 Vimentin (R28) Antibody
- 3390 Vimentin (5G3F10) Mouse mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.