Product Pathways - Protein Stability
RCHY1 Antibody #5754
|W IP||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||29||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RCHY1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RCHY1 protein. This antibody does not detect RCHY1 dimers.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RCHY1 protein isoform1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
RING finger and CHY1 zinc finger domain-containing protein 1 (RCHY1) is a newly identified RING-H2-type protein-ubiquitin E3 ligase that is expressed as multiple isoforms generated through alternative splicing of mRNA transcripts (1,2). Notably, RCHY1 is a p53-regulated gene and multiple studies have shown that RCHY1 directly binds p53 to promote its ubiquitin-dependent proteasomal degradation, ultimately leading to repression of p53 growth suppressive transcriptional activity (1,3). RCHY1 is also likely to promote deregulated cell proliferation by targeting the CDK inhibitor, p27 Kip1, for proteasomal degradation (4). In agreement with its growth promoting activity, RCHY1 overexpression has been linked to cancer of the lung (5,6) and prostate (7).
- Corcoran, C.A. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 21955-70.
- Shi, J. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Pharmacol 2, 21-23.
- Leng, R.P. et al. (2003) Cell 112, 779-91.
- Hattori, T. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 10789-95.
- Duan, W. et al. (2004) J Natl Cancer Inst 96, 1718-21.
- Duan, W. et al. (2006) Exp Cell Res 312, 3370-8.
- Logan, I.R. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 6502-10.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 3686 p27 Kip1 (D69C12) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.