Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SRC-3 (D1F11) Rabbit mAb #5765
|W IP IF-IC||H M Mk||Endogenous||160||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SRC-3 (D1F11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SRC-3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human SRC-3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SRC-3 (D1F11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
There are three members of the steroid receptor co-activator (SRC) family of proteins: SRC-1 (NCoA-1), SRC-2 (TIF2/GRIP1/NCoA-2), and SRC-3 (ACTR/pCIP/RAC3/TRAM-1/AIB1). All SRC family members share significant structural homology and function to stimulate transcription mediated by nuclear hormone receptors and other transcriptional activators such as Stat3, NF-κB, E2F1, and p53 (1-4). Two SRC proteins, SRC-1 and SRC-3, function as histone acetyltransferases (5,6). In addition, all three family members can recruit other histone acetyltransferases (CBP/p300, PCAF) and histone methyltransferases (PRMT1, CARM1) to target promoters and cooperate to enhance expression of many genes (5-8). The SRC proteins play important roles in multiple physiological processes including cell proliferation, cell survival, somatic cell growth, mammary gland development, female reproductive function, and vasoprotection (9). SRC-1 and SRC-3 are conduits for kinase-mediated growth factor signaling to the estrogen receptor and other transcriptional activators. Seven SRC-1 phosphorylation sites and six SRC-3 phosphorylation sites have been identified, which are induced by steroids, cytokines, and growth factors and involve multiple kinase signaling pathways (9-11). Research has shown that all three SRC family members are associated with increased activity of nuclear receptors in breast, prostate, and ovarian carcinomas. According to the literature, SRC-3 is frequently amplified or overexpressed in a number of cancers (12), and SRC-1/PAX3 and SRC-2/MYST3 translocations are found associated with rhabdomyosarcoma and acute myeloid leukemia, respectively (13,14).
- Giraud, S. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 8004-8011.
- Na, S.Y. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 10831-10834.
- Louie, M.C. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell Biol. 24, 5157-5171.
- Lee, S.K. et al. (1999) Mol. Endocrinol. 13, 1924-1933.
- Spencer, T.E. et al. (1997) Nature 389, 194-198.
- Chen, H. et al. (1997) Cell 90, 569-580.
- Koh, S.S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 1089-1098.
- Chen, D. et al. (1999) Science 284, 2174-2177.
- Wu, R.C. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell 15, 937-949.
- Rowan, B.G. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 4475-4483.
- Zhou, H.J. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 7976-7983.
- Torres-Arzayus, M.I. et al. (2004) Cancer Cell 6, 263-274.
- Wachtel, M. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64, 5539-5545.
- Deguchi, K. et al. (2003) Cancer Cell 3, 259-271.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2126 SRC-3 (5E11) Rabbit mAb
- 2979 Phospho-SRC-3 (Thr24) Antibody
- 2115 SRC-3 (11B1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.