Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
NDRG3 Antibody #5846
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NDRG3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total NDRG3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human NDRG3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines and tissues using NDRG3 Antibody.
The NDRG (N-Myc downstream-regulated gene) family, consisting of NDRG1, NDRG2, NDRG3, and NDRG4, are a group of structurally related proteins with roles in cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, stress responses, and cell migration/metastasis (1-3). NDRG1 was originally identified as a protein that was up-regulated in N-Myc knockout mice (1). Proteins in the NDRG family, particularly NDRG1 and NDRG2, have been reported to be down-regulated in various cancer tissues, and have been suggested to function as a tumor suppressors (4,5).
Members of the NDRG family each have distinct expression patterns; NDRG3 is most highly expressed in the testis, prostate, ovary, and brain (2,6,7). NDRG3 has also been shown to be up-regulated by androgen in prostate cell lines and can promote cell growth in those cells (8).
- Shimono, A. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 83, 39-52.
- Qu, X. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biochem 229, 35-44.
- Zhou, R.H. et al. (2001) Genomics 73, 86-97.
- Yao, L. et al. (2008) Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40, 625-35.
- Ellen, T.P. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 2-8.
- Okuda, T. and Kondoh, H. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 266, 208-15.
- Zhao, W. et al. (2001) Biochim Biophys Acta 1519, 134-8.
- Wang, W. et al. (2009) Int J Cancer 124, 521-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.