Product Pathways - DNA Damage
RecQL5 (1A2) Mouse mAb #5847
|5847S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5847||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
RecQL5 (1A2) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RecQL5 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human RecQL5 protein.
The RecQ family is a group of DNA helicases that play an important role in global genomic stability (1). Mutations in three of the five known human RecQ proteins (BLM, WRN, and RECQL4) give rise to clinically distinct disorders that are characterized by features such as premature aging and predisposition to cancer (2,3). The clinical distinction of each disease associated with these mutations points to distinct roles that members of this helicase family play in DNA metabolism. The RecQL5 helicase has not yet been associated with any human disease, but RecQL5 -/- mice exhibit an increased incidence of cancer (4,5). It has recently been shown that RecQL5 protects genome stability through two parallel mechanims: helicase action and interaction with the initiation form of RNA Polymerase II (6). It has also been shown that RecQL5 -/- mouse embryonic stem cells display an elevated frequency of sister chromatic exchange (SCE), suggesting a role in suppression of homologous recombination and/or crossover events (7,8).
- Chu, W.K. and Hickson, I.D. (2009) Nat Rev Cancer 9, 644-54.
- Hanada, K. and Hickson, I.D. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 2306-22.
- Dietschy, T. et al. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 796-802.
- Hu, Y. et al. (2007) Genes Dev 21, 3073-84.
- Bachrati, C.Z. and Hickson, I.D. (2008) Chromosoma 117, 219-33.
- Islam, M.N. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 2460-72.
- Hu, Y. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 3431-42.
- Hu, Y. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 114-23.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2742 BLM Antibody
- 4666 WRN (8H3) Mouse mAb
- 2814 RecQ4 Antibody
- 4839 RecQL1 (Q1N3) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.