Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb #5852
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H (Mk)||Endogenous||48||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GATA-3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human GATA-3 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from CEM and SH-SY5Y cells using GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb (left) or Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, MCF-7 (left) or HUVEC (right), using GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of THP-1 cells (blue) and MCF7 cells (green) using GATA-3 (D13C9) XP® Rabbit mAb.
GATA proteins comprise a group of transcription factors that are related by the presence of conserved zinc finger DNA binding domains, which bind directly to the nucleotide sequence core element GATA (1-3). There are six vertebrate GATA proteins, designated GATA-1 to GATA-6 (3).
GATA-3 is a critical regulator of development of various systems in both mouse and human (4). GATA-3 null mouse embryos die between E11 and E12 due to growth retardation and deformities in the brain and spinal cord (5). The function of GATA-3 has been extensively studied in T cell development and has recently been shown to be a downstream target of Notch in Notch-mediated differentiation of TH2 cells (6,7). It is expressed in both hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic tissues, including the kidney, skin, mammary gland, and central nervous system (8-10). Decreased expression of GATA-3 in luminal breast cancer is associated with poor clinical outcome. GATA-3 expression level may therefore be a promising prognostic biomarker (11). Haploinsufficiency of GATA-3 results in Barakat syndome in humans, a condition characterized by sensorineural deafness and renal dysplasia (12).
- Ko, L.J. and Engel, J.D. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 4011-22.
- Merika, M. and Orkin, S.H. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 3999-4010.
- Lowry, J.A. and Atchley, W.R. (2000) J Mol Evol 50, 103-15.
- Debacker, C. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 85, 183-7.
- Pandolfi, P.P. et al. (1995) Nat Genet 11, 40-4.
- Ho, I.C. et al. (2009) Nat Rev Immunol 9, 125-35.
- Amsen, D. et al. (2007) Immunity 27, 89-99.
- Grote, D. et al. (2008) PLoS Genet 4, e1000316.
- Kaufman, C.K. et al. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 2108-22.
- Kouros-Mehr, H. et al. (2006) Cell 127, 1041-55.
- Chou, J. et al. (2010) J Cell Physiol 222, 42-9.
- Van Esch, H. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 419-22.
- Malu, D.T. et al. (2011) J Immunol 186, 6271-9. Applications: Flow Cytometry
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.